Einkorn is an ancient whole grain with a chewy texture and nutty flavor. This grain salad comes together quickly and can easily be doubled or tripled. Feel free to experiment with different dried fruits and nuts—whatever you have around will do!
- 1 1/2 cup Farmer Direct Organic Einkorn Berries
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby greens, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, crushed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
In a large pot, cook einkorn berries according to package directions. Drain and cool.
Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Chill until ready to use.
When einkorn is cool, combine with the apple, dried cranberries, green onions and baby greens.
Add dressing, toss well, then sprinkle with pecans and feta before serving.