These chewy chocolate chip banana oat bars are equally good for breakfast as they are dessert.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups Farmer Direct Organic Regular Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with coconut oil.
Place 1/4 cup coconut oil and nut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, maple syrup, egg and baking powder. Add nut butter mixture to banana mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips until evenly incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown and set. Allow to cool completely before slicing into 12 bars.