A healthy take on classic chocolate chip cookies for when the craving strikes. Flaxseed, rolled oats, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds add an extra kick of nutrients to this treat.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (or sub 3/4 cup pure maple syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Farmer Direct Organic milled (ground) flaxseed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 2/3 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 2/3 c. Farmer Direct Organic regular rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in ground flaxseed, vanilla and eggs one at a time, scraping down sides in between.
In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda and beat into butter/egg mixture until combined. Beat in oats, chocolate chips, and seeds until incorporated.
Scoop out onto a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving a couple inches space between cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on edges but still soft in the middle.