Organic Gold Flaxseed
A good source of omega-3, fiber and antioxidants, our Organic Gold Flaxseed is a great option when you want the nutritional boost but with a milder flavor than brown flaxseed. Used whole or ground, it's a fantastic addition to baked goods, granola, smoothies, dressings, and so much more.
Nutritional Information & Ingredients
Flaxseed Breakfast Cookies
Makes 12 servings
- 2/3 cup Farmer Direct Organic Gold Flaxseed, milled
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, nuts or raisins
- 1/4 cup Farmer Direct Organic Gold Flaxseed, whole
Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the milled flaxseed, nut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Evenly divide batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and whole flax seeds evenly on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are golden brown and tops are set. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from muffin pan. Store airtight.