This classic Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Crisp is a simple yet delicious dessert that comes together quickly and can be made from fresh or frozen fruits.
3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or sub ½ cup honey)
- 2 cups Farmer Direct Organic Quick Rolled Oats, separated
- 3 Tbsp. Farmer Direct Organic flaxseed (milled or ground)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 Tbsp. butter, melted (or sub coconut oil)
- 1/3 c. coarsely chopped nuts or seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9” x 9” square pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cornstarch and sugar (or honey, if using). Stir in sliced fruit and pour into greased pan, packing fruit flat.
In the same bowl you used for the fruit, stir together the remaining ingredients and sprinkle evenly over fruit in pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until top is golden and crispy, and fruit is jammy and oozing out around the edges of the pan. Serve warm or cooled.