This quick, versatile and refined sugar-free dessert can be made with just about any kind of seasonal fruit, from fresh berries to peaches or plums. The smooth, custardy texture of the clafouti will make even the most novice of bakers look like a pro. Oats and flaxseed get a quick blitz in the blender until they become a fine powder, resembling flour.
- 1 cup Farmer Direct Organic regular rolled or quick oats
- 1 Tbsp. Farmer Direct Organic flaxseeds
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. honey, separated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil, plus some for greasing pan
- 3 heaping cups seasonal fruit, such as sliced peaches, sliced plums, pitted fresh cherries, or fresh blackberries (or mix)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10” glass pie pan.
In a blender, combine oats and flaxseed and grind into a fine powder, resembling the consistency of flour.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, 1/3 cup honey, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in ground oats-flaxseed mixture and melted butter or coconut oil.
Arrange half of the fruit in the bottom of the pie pan, cover with batter, and arrange the rest of the fruit evenly on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden brown, the top is golden and the custard is just firm and set.
Drizzle top with remaining 2 Tbsp. of honey and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve warm, room temperature, or cooled.