Servings 12 Cook Time 0:40 Diet Gluten Free Diet Vegan
A cross between a cookie and a muffin, these gluten free treats are great for lunchboxes or as breakfast on the go!
- 2/3 cup Farmer Direct Organic Gold Flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, nuts or raisins
- 1/4 cup Farmer Direct Organic Gold Flaxseed, whole
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
To grind flaxseed, process 1/2 cup whole flaxseed in a blender or food processor for a couple minutes or until it's ground into powder. Whole flaxseed can also be ground by hand using a mortar and pestle.
In a large bowl, combine the ground flaxseed, nut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
Evenly divide batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and whole flax seeds evenly on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are golden brown and tops are set. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from muffin pan. Store airtight.